Pakistan’s stands in solidarity with IIOJK
1. In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, the All Parties Hurriyat Conference has thanked the Government as well as the people of Pakistan and Azad Kashmir for extending unwavering support to the Kashmiris’ struggle for right to self-determination.
2. Illegally detained APHC Chairman Masarrat Aalam Butt in a message from New Delhi’s infamous Tihar Jail said, the Kashmiris are highly indebted to the people of Pakistan for expressing unprecedented moral, political and diplomatic support to the Kashmir cause. He said the way Pakistan observed Kashmir Solidarity Day today instilled a new spirit among Kashmiris to continue their struggle for right to self-determination.
3. APHC leader Shabbir Ahmad Shah who is also languishing in Tihar Jail in a message on the occasion lauded Pakistan’s role for championing the cause of Kashmir, and said that Islamabad has always played a very pivotal role in providing every possible support at regional and international level to the ongoing liberation struggle of the Kashmiri people. The incarcerated Kashmiri woman leader, Syeda Aasiya Andrabi while seeking peace, prosperity and economic stability for the people of Pakistan said that a politically stable and economically strong Pakistan was guarantor to the success of Kashmiris’ freedom struggle
4. Other Hurriyat leaders including Khadim Hussain, Syed Sibte Shabbir Qumi, Muhammad Saleem Zargar in their statements in Srinagar said that as a principal party to the Kashmir dispute, Pakistan has always been at the forefront to support the right to self-determination of the subjugated people of Kashmir. They said despite facing so many problems and pressures on domestic and international front, Pakistan has unequivocally been raising its voice at all international forums for its oppressed brethren in occupied Kashmir.
5. In connection with the Kashmir Solidarity Day in the UK, an event was held in Manchester’s Oldham town, to express solidarity with the oppressed people of occupied Jammu and Kashmir. Addressing on the occasion, All Parties Kashmir Parliamentary Group Chairperson MP Debbie Abrahams, Labour Friends of Kashmir Chairman MP Andrew Gwynne, Jammu Kashmir Self Determination Movement International Chairman Raja Najabat Hussain, Counsel General Pakistan Tariq Parvez, Yasmeen Dar and others urged the British government to play its role in exercise of the Kashmiris’ right to self determination through plebiscite.